For the next three Tuesdays we will be giving updates on our Kickstarter campaign, and all the insights you could ever want from our end. But well still keep this simple for the sake of the reader-
1) Great start towards our goal- Nearly $3000 in the first 2.5 days. Nearly $5000 in the first 6 days.
2) Another goal with this campaign was not to reach out to family and friends as much as it was to generate genuine interest in our venture here. Our goal is to build a community (or rather a Founding Family) from all backgrounds, all geographic regions, and not just my best friend and my grandfather. We see this as critical in order to continuously improve our products and our operation here. Luckily we have a very healthy mix of friends and newcomers so far!
3) We went into this campaign with the mindset saying ‘Hey we’re pretty sure we can be successful here, but whatever happens we’ve learned and we’ll have no regrets trying. Nothing ventured, nothing gained’. So far that is very true. Learned a lot already and having fun doing it!
1) Keeping interest up during the next few weeks- We expect interest on the backend with help from Kickstarter, but we have to keep momentum going! Hopefully some media outlets will come in handy here!
2) Communicate our message effectively as possible. We have been getting a few questions over here regarding what makes our campaign and product unique.
- The difference- Backpacking quilts have been around for a little while, but the advantages of backpacking quilts have never been translated over to your traditional camper. So we modified a traditional ultra-light quilt to not only to increase comfort, but also to increase versatility and longevity. This is a three season blanket that any camper should enjoy! Although backpackers should enjoy this quilt too, our primary market is campers.
So what’s new ahead?
We would be thrilled if we reach our goal before the homeward stretch. For now we’re focusing on outreach, but in the meantime we haven’t forgotten our founding family that we’ve already started! If we’re successful and we pass our goals, we’re already planning a few surprises ready for them.
So here’s to keeping the trek going! Thanks for the help so far!
Father Nature Outdoors
Because Mother Nature can be a pain.
Final Note: To run a Kickstarter campaign it takes a whole lot of research and preparation. We reached out to a few different cool projects for insight and one of our helpers was Bakpocket Products. If hammock camping is up your alley, check these guys out too! (We may share one or two projects during these posts because they’ve been so helpful for us)